- 1 pound large shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Vidalia onion - small diced
- 1 -2 tablespoons Sweet Jerk - Just Savor By Chef Huda
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
AGED CHEDDAR GRITS
- 1 cup grits-quick cooking
- 1 1/2 cups aged sharp cheddar cheese - grated
- 1 1/2 cup half & half or milk
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 cup spring onions - thinly sliced on a bias
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - quartered
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Place shrimp in a large bowl sprinkle with Sweet Jerk seasoning and toss until evenly covered with Sweet Jerk seasoning.
For Grits: Simply follow the directions on the package of quick cooking grits. Use milk and water as the liquid for the cooking process. When partially cooked stir in cheese, corn, half of the spring onion, salt, pepper and finish with butter. Stir until creamy. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium high heat add in oil. Add in onions and sauté until tender and they start to turn translucent, then add in shrimp. Cook the shrimp for about 2 minutes or until shrimp curl. When done remove shrimp from pan and add tomatoes to the pan and sauté for two minutes.
To serve place a spoonful of the creamy aged cheddar grits on to plate or bowl then stack Jerk shrimp and top with warm tomatoes and fresh lemon juice. Garnish with green onions. Enjoy!